90 people arrested at England Euro 2020 games, new figures reveal

Last update on.From section Football
The FA will soon find out if England needs to play any home matches due to closed doors following the Euro 2020 finals against Italy.

According to Home Office figures, there were 92 arrests for football-related reasons at England's home matches in the 2020-21 season. 90 of these occurred at Euro 2020. External-link

England won six of the seven matches played at Wembley to reach the final. Italy lost penalties.

Scotland was also played by Gareth Southgate's team in a group match.

According to the figures, 39 arrests in England and Wales were made for football-related reasons at the Italy match, 28 at Scotland's tie, and 18 at the semifinal against Denmark.

"Six additional football-related arrests were made involving international teams at Euro 2020 at Wembley," with "all six arrests" at Euro 2020 in Spain.

The Football Association will find out next week whether England has to play any home matches behind closed doors due to unrest at the match.

As they tried to enter Wembley on the 11th of July, fans fought police and stewards.

According to the Home Office, all 2,978 matches for the 2020-21 season had been played. However, 93% of these games were not attended by fans due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The remaining 7% were able to play in reduced capacity.

This resulted in a decrease of 1,089 football-related arrests to 116 and a decline of 360 new banning orders to be issued to 208.

There were 1,359 ban orders in effect on August 1, 2021. Birmingham City had 54 and Liverpool had 44.

The Home Office stated that it was "currently investigating how best to capture all online hate crimes and abuses related to football" and is working with stakeholders to address online incidents.

The report added that "these are recorded via a variety of streams, and it's not currently possible to fully capture them and report on them together with figures on hate crimes reported at specific matches."

0 Comments

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0 comments