Texas Boogaloo Boy Admits In Court He Traveled to Minneapolis After George Floyd Died, Fired 13 Shots In Police Precinct Building to Sow Chaos

A Texas man pleaded guilty to a federal riot offense on Sept. 30, and admitted that he had traveled to Minneapolis to sow mayhem after George Floyd's death.
Ivan Harrison Hunter (24 years old) admitted that he had traveled from San Antonio to Minneapolis following Floyd's death. He fired 13 shots with an AK47-47 semiautomatic rifle in the Third Precinct Building of the Minneapolis Police Departments on May 28, 2020.

In the days following Floyd's May 25th death, protestors gathered outside the building. Protesters attacked the windows of the precinct on the night of May 28. They set it ablaze with rocks.

After firing the shots, Hunter gave someone a high-five and shouted Justice for Floyd!

Ivan Hunter confessed that he went to Minneapolis to cause chaos in protests after George Floyd's death. Photo by US District Court for the District of Minnesota

According to the Department of Justice, looters were believed to have been inside the building at that time. No one was hurt by gunfire.

Ivan is self-described member of the Boogaloo Bois. This far-right, antigovernment extremist group is Ivan's. Black Lives Matter protests were attended by members of the Boogaloo Bois in 2020. They were armed and wore tactical gear and Hawaiian shirts.

Boogaloers believe that a second civil war (known as the boogaloo) is imminent and will lead to the destruction of what they consider to be corrupt politics.

Boogaloo Bois are well-known for their ability to create tension and chaos in order to promote violence. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the term "boogaloo" has been used in some instances as a call for racial war.

After spotting Hunter wearing the same skull mask as in a Facebook photo, federal agents determined that Hunter was the shooter. Hunter boasted on social media about his actions after the protest and claimed he had helped to burn down the Minneapolis police station.

Hunter was the third Boogaloo Boi charged in connection to the Minneapolis protests.

After Floyd's death, he communicated via Facebook with the other members of his group, writing that he was heading to Minneapolis and was 72hrs out. A Minnesota-based member had posted that he needed a headcount.

Federal Bureau of Investigation was also informed by an informant that Hunter admitted to setting fire to the building and shooting at it. He was charged with taking part in the October 2020 riot and could spend up to five years in prison.