Armored ‘survivalist,’ former Marine kills four in Florida, including 3-month-old boy still in mother’s arms – ‘They begged for their lives and I killed them anyway’

A meth-addicted armored survivalist who served four years in the Marines claimed that God sent him there to talk with one of his daughters. Police say that he then returned to the house and murdered four people.
Lakeland police responded to a call from a woman calling 911 about a suspicious man at her home Saturday night around 7:30 pm. Police arrived after approximately 20 minutes and neither the man or his car had been located.

Two other people saw the man a short distance further down the road. He was later identified as Bryan Riley, 33, and said that he was searching for Amber, according Sheriff Grady Judd. Riley claimed that God sent him there to find Amber, who was about to commit suicide.

Riley, a former Marine, served in Afghanistan and Iraq in the late 2010s. He now works as an executive security specialist for Tarpon Springs, Fla.

A Polk County Sheriffs Office lieutenant reported hearing two shots of automatic gunfire nine hours later at 4:30 AM. Judd stated this during a Sunday morning press conference.

Police arrived at the house to find a truck on the blaze and a loud popping sound coming from the yard. Judd stated that Riley was fully dressed in body armor and appeared ready to confront us in an active shooter situation. The road and residence were separated by glow sticks, which seemed to form a path.

Judd says Riley ran back into the house when they heard Riley scream, a gunshot and a baby crying.

A lieutenant tried to enter the house but was stopped by a barricade. The lieutenant ran to the rear of the house, where he was met by gunfire.

Riley fled back to his house, meeting the responding police officers at the front where they exchanged gunfire.

After being shot, the gunman finally surrendered to the police and fled the scene. After being shot, he was taken to hospital. He fought with officers and attempted to grab a gun.

Continue the story

Riley said that he knew why he did it, as he told police while on his way to the hospital.

The house was home to an 11-year-old girl who had been shot seven times.

Our deputies are looking at her and she says, Judd, there are three more dead people in this house.

The little girl was admitted to the hospital and is currently undergoing surgery. She is expected to recover.

Justice Gleason (44), and a 33 year-old white woman were both found dead inside the house. A 3-month-old boy was also found in its mother's arms.

Judd stated that the family was hiding in fear and huddled together.

The second victim, a 62-year old grandmother of the baby, was found deceased in another house on the property.

The dog was also shot.

Riley said that they begged for their life and that he killed them, as he told police following his arrest.

Judd stated at Sunday's second press conference that investigators had found no connection between Riley and the victims.

Judd described Judd as a madman who owned a lot guns and shot innocent people.

Riley's girlfriend said that Riley was suffering from PTSD and had never been violent.

Multiple attempts to reach Riley's employer were unsuccessful.