Image: Anthony Barajas (Courtesy Jae Martin).
Police said that a man set fire to a Southern California theater's screening of "The Forever Purge" and that a TikTok star had died.
Anthony Barajas (19 years old) was the second victim of Monday's shooting. Corona police had previously identified Rylee Goodrich as the first victim.
Authorities claim that Barajas was with Goodrich at the Regal Edwards Theatre, Corona, 50 miles southwest of Los Angeles for a 9 :35 p.m. screening of the horror film. According to Mike Hestrin, Riverside County District Attorney, two people were shot in the head while cleaning up the theater following the film's conclusion.
Goodrich was declared dead, and Barajas was admitted to the hospital. He was placed on life support. Corona police reported that Barajas had died on Saturday morning.
Related video: TikTok's star Anthony Barajas was put on life support July 26,
The department released a statement saying that it extended its condolences and thoughts to the family.
Joseph Jimenez (20 years old) was taken into custody in connection to the shooting. Although he was initially charged with murder, attempted murder, and robbery earlier in the week by police, prosecutors filed a special circumstances murder charge on Friday.
Hestrin stated that Jimenez is eligible for the death penalty because of the special circumstances charge. If that happens, prosecutors may choose to bring it up at trial.
Corona police stated Saturday that it was working with Hestrin's to add another count of first-degree killing.
Jimenez was ordered by a judge to remain in custody without bail on Friday. At the request of defense, Jimenez's arraignment was postponed to Thursday. The prosecution said that the shooting appeared to have been random and unprovoked.
Barajas, also known online as "itsanthonymichael", has more than a million followers on TikTok. He also has over 50,000 followers on Instagram.