Image Credits: Bryce Durbin/TechCrunch

The advice column that answers immigration-related questions about working at technology companies is called "DEAR SOCIETY"

A Silicon Valley immigration attorney says that your questions are vital to the spread of knowledge that allows people all over the world to rise above borders. I would be happy to answer your questions in my next column.

You can purchase a one- or two-year subscription for 50% off with the promo code AlCORN.

I would like to ask you a question, DearSophie.

I work at a web3 company in the U.S., but I also work in Europe.

I would like to move to the U.S. to be able to take on a variety of projects with different clients.

I don't know how to make that happen. Thank you for your assistance!

Worldly web 3 Wonder.

Thank you worldly.

I don't know if web3 will make immigration obsolete. The human experience is elevated by technology. Immigration won't be going anywhere soon.

Let's look at some of the U.S. immigration options that will allow you to have more control over your life.

The work visa that allows you to freelance…

Most non-immigrant work visas that allow you to stay and work temporarily in the United States are tied to a specific employer that sponsors you for the visa.

If you don't have a work permit, only one main visa type allows you to do work for multiple companies, and that's the O-1 visa. An O-1A requires a U.S. agent to act as your employer or represent multiple employers. The details of the relationship between you and the U.S. agent are required in the petition.

The O-1 doesn't give you complete independence, but it will allow you to choose a variety of projects in your field.