The national security threat that federal investigators believed the missing documents presented is underscored by the fact that the documents will be released later Friday. The Attorney General approved the search of the estate last week.
Four days after Trump publicly confirmed the court-authorized search of his Mar-a-Lago home by the FBI, the documents were disclosed. The seriousness of the probe is underscored by the details in the warrant.
Since Monday, Trump has said that he has cooperated with investigators from the National Archives and FBI for months and that the search was unwarranted. After several rounds of negotiations in which materials were recovered by the Archives, federal investigators believed Trump hadn't returned everything.
Dozens of items were seized, most of them described in vague terms like a leather bound box of documents, a binder of photos and a handwritten note.
There are items on the list that show the presence of classified information.
Grant Smith, Stone's attorney, said that his client has no knowledge of the facts surrounding his clemency documents appearing on the inventory of items seized from the Mar-a-Lago home.
The public release of the search warrant and receipt of materials was confirmed by the Justice Department shortly after 3 p.m.
She gave reporting.