According to federal court records in Honolulu, a U.S. defense contractor and his wife have been charged with identity theft and conspiring against the government.

The two men, who were both in their 60s, were arrested in Kapolei on the island of Oahu.

The case may be more than obtaining drivers' licenses, passports and Defense Department credentials, as prosecutors seek to hold the couple without bail.

The documents helped the couple get a secret security clearance with the U.S. Coast Guard and as a defense contractor. The motion was made to have the Polaroids held.

Morrison lived in a country that was part of the Soviet bloc.

Morrison's attorney said that her client didn't live in Romania and that she and her friend tried the same jacket on as a joke and posed for photos. Megan Kau, the couple's attorney, told The Associated Press that they have been law-abiding for 30 years.

Kau said that she wanted everyone to know she wasn't a spy. All of this has been misinterpreted. Government is overreaching.

There is a high chance that the couple will flee if freed. They said that Primrose, who was an electrical technician in the Coast Guard, was well-versed in secret communication.

The couple is thought to have more than one name.

A lawyer didn't say anything. A bail hearing was going to take place on Thursday.

Kevin O'Grady, a Honolulu defense attorney not involved in the case, said that the secret clearance Primrose had provided access to information that was very valuable to our enemies.

The Coast Guard is involved with the Army and Navy in counterintelligence, as well as being the country's maritime border patrol, according to O'Grady.

He said that the Coast Guard has a perspective on the country's vulnerabilities. He said Hawaii is a prime target for a lot of espionage.

It came as a shock to the family that their child's name was stolen.

John was shocked to learn that someone had been living under his daughter's name for many years.

He told the AP that he still can't believe it. The chances of them finding her and using her name are very small. People are stooping to do things. Kids can rest in peace.

According to court records, Morrison and Primrose were born in 1955 and went to high school together in Port Lavaca, Texas. Their marriage took place in 1980.

The couple assumed the identities of dead children who would have been a decade younger than them. The couple's home in Nacogdoches, Texas, was foreclosed on that year.

They were married under their assumed names in 1988.

Court records don't give any information about what happened when they assumed their new identities and enlisted in the Coast Guard.

It was an "abject failure" if there was an age discrepancy between the birth certificate he presented and what the child looked like.

He said that they should have caught it then.

Somebody isn't doing their job.

According to court records, Morrison and Primrose applied for and got multiple passports. In 1999 Primrose was issued a passport under his legal name and also held a passport in Fort's name.

He started work for a defense contractor at the U.S. Coast Guard Air station at Barbers Point after leaving the service.

He held a secret clearance with the U.S. Coast Guard and was required to report any foreign travel. According to the investigation, Primrose did not report many trips to Canada.

A couple lived in a bungalow in a Honolulu suburb. The house they rented to military personnel was owned by them.

She knew they were named Bob and Lynn.

She said that she had yard work done for $50 a month. Morrison fed and neutered cats. She had a room for the animals.

They were friendly but kept to themselves. They were sort of a little nerd.

She didn't know what she did for a living but thought it was military related. Morrison used to work as a parking attendant at a Waikiki hotel and tutor children in the neighborhood.

When the FBI searched the house, they created a scene in the neighborhood.

She said it was shocking. It was insane.

The State Department wouldn't say anything about the arrests.

The couple is accused of conspiracy to commit an offense against the US, false statement in passport application and identity theft.

Fort died at the same hospital where Julie died three months later. They are buried in different places.

When Tonda Ferguson heard that Morrison had used her late sister's birth certificate to create an identity, she thought of her mother, who died in 2003 and how long she had been alive.

Ferguson said, "For all the mothers who are living and have to know this happened to their babies, I can't imagine." My mom is with the Lord. It would be traumatic for her to go through this.

When her sister passed away, Ferguson was in eighth grade. She didn't get to hold her. They lived in a small town outside of Austin and she was buried there.

Ferguson claimed that she came from a place of deep love. It is difficult for someone to steal a woman's identity. It's not nice. I hope they don't survive.

That's right.

Melley was in LA. In Hawaii, and in New York City, two people contributed to the report.