Amazon is once again trying to get customers to use at least one Membership Reward point at checkout to get a discount. My wife and I were each offered 40% off. You should check to see if you have been targeted. I was about to make a $200 purchase on Amazon when I realized I could save $40 if I used one point.
- Get 40% off (up to $40 off of $100) on Amazon when redeeming at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point. Note that there may be other versions of the offer as well.
- Direct link to activation (our affiliate link).
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59pm PT on 7/21/2022, or (b) the time at which 28,161 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- This offer only applies to eligible purchases. Eligible purchases are products sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities are not eligible, even if they are fulfilled by Amazon.com or Prime eligible. Digital content purchases are also not eligible.
- Shipping charges may apply to eligible purchases.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $40 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card or per one Amazon account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If you used points for all or part of your order and any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s return policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card. If you would like Membership Rewards® points returned to your account instead of a refund to your Card, you must contact American Express.
- If a refund cannot be processed by American Express for reasons including but not limited to closure of your Card Account, Amazon will issue an Amazon Gift Card to you for an amount equal to the value of the Membership Rewards points used towards your purchase.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards® enrolled Card issued in United States. Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
- The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. See full Shop with Points Terms and Conditions for details on www.amazon.com/amexmr.
If you are targeted, these deals are a great way to save on purchases. The first level of targeting is whether or not you get an offer in the first place, and the second level is whether or not you get a specific offer. Some people were targeted for 10% or 25% off, but my wife and I were only targeted for 40%. You should take a second to see if you are targeted.
There are a few things to be aware of with these deals. If you redeem more than one MembershipRewards point, you'll get a poor redemption value for your points.
You need to make sure that the items you want to buy are available on Amazon. Many items listed on Amazon are sold by third party sellers, which can make it difficult to meet that requirement.
Third party gift cards from Amazon are an easy way to use this promotion if you don't want to use it organically. Third party cards are eligible if you buy an Amazon gift card.