by Calculated Risk on 6/18/2019 08:26:00 PM
Here is my FOMC preview. The consensus is that there will no change in policy at the FOMC meeting this week, but that the Fed might take a more dovish tone.
* At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
* During the day, The AIA’s Architecture Billings Index for May (a leading indicator for commercial real estate).
* At 2:00 PM, FOMC Meeting Announcement. No change to policy is expected at this meeting.
* At 2:00 PM, FOMC Forecasts This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants’ projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with the quarterly economic projections.
* At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.