It is no doubt that Microsoft is a tech giant whose products are widely used around the world. Microsoft IT certification program is also one of the best and most sought-after among IT professionals. This program offers role-based and technology-based credentials that align with modern technical roles and requirements. Some roles included in the Microsoft certification program are Administrator and Developer. The certification levels include Fundamental, Associate, and Expert.
This paper considers an associate-level certification and one of the tests required to obtain it. We will be talking about the Prepaway MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) Web Applications credential. To obtain this certification, candidates are required to pass 2 exams. There are two options: you can either take 70-480 and 70-486 or sit for 70-483 and 70-486. Now, let’s focus on 70-486 and what it entails. Below you will find useful tips to help you succeed in this test. The role and significance of platforms such as the PrepAway website in exam preparation will also be outlined. Eager to learn more? Read on!
Prerequisites for 70-486
There are no formal prerequisites to take 70-486 test, however, it is strongly recommended that you have a 3-5 years’ experience in professional development and able to use ASP.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 to develop and create web solutions. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Web Apps is also welcomed.
The exam includes around 40-60 questions and will supposedly last about 2 hours. 70-486 test is available in the following languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Japanese, German, and Portuguese. To pass the test, you must obtain a score of 700 out of the possible 1000. Candidates taking this exam are required to pay a fee of $165.
Below is a list of the topics included in 70-486 exam. Candidates should expect to meet these topics in their test but they should also be aware that the exam is not limited to these subjects only. There are percentages beside every main topic to show you the weightof that particular topic in the exam. 70-486 test measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.
- Design the Application Architecture (15-20%)
- Application layers planning
- Distributed application design
- Implementation and design of Azure Web Apps life cycle
- State management configuration
- Strategy design
- Design and implementation of Web Socket strategy
- Designing configuration management solution
- Interaction with the host environment
- Composing applications by the use of the framework pipeline
- Design the deployment and build architecture (10-15%)
- Server build and browser artifact build strategy design
- Publishing strategy design
- Implementation of Azure deployment strategy
- User Experience Design (15-20%)
- Creating user interface elements for web applications
- Design and implementation of UI behavior
- Designing UI application layouts
- Planning responsive UI layouts
- Planning mobile UI strategy
- User Experience Development (15-20%)
- Planning search engine accessibility and optimization
- Planning globalization and localization and their implementation
- Design and implementation of MVC controllers
- Design and implementation of routes
- Use of MVC extensibility points to control application behavior
- Design and implementation of serialization
- Debug and Troubleshoot Web Applications (20-25%)
- Troubleshooting runtime issues
- Designing exception handling strategies
- Testing web applications
- Design and Implement Security (15-20%)
- Authentication configuration
- Configuration and application of authorization
- Design and implementation of authentication
- Managing data integrity
- Implementation of secure sites
There are various methods that one can use to prepare for 70-486 exam. Whatever method works best for you – the ultimate goal is to ensure you have sharpened your skills enough to pass the test. To achieve this, candidates should use a combination of training options such as instructor-led courses, study guides, and books. Taking practice tests also does a great job in making you familiar with the exam format and helps you see your progress through the period of preparation.
Furthermore, there is also much to learn when one joins a 70-486 community. Interaction with other professionals and exam takers may shed light on new insights regarding the exam. Finally, the contribution of Internet resources to exam preparation cannot be underestimated. Although this only works if a candidate uses materials from the right websites. Earlier in this article, we mentioned about PrepAway website. We recommend this site because it contains valid materials that are created by experienced professionals. If you visit this platform, you will be able to access various materials such as video training courses, audio guides, and practice questions and answers. All the materials are presented as simple files that can be opened without special software.
Passing exam 70-486 puts you a step closer to earning the MCSA: Web Applications certification. When you proceed to obtain this credential, it will eventually attract many benefits to you. Some of them include unlocking new careers such as a Web Developer or Web Administrator. Quick promotion and a greater salary are some the most pleasant privileges you will enjoy if you become a member of the Microsoft community. What’s more, if you possess MCSA: Web Applications, you will be eligible to proceed to MCSD: App Builder credential. Achieving this has now been simplified by the tips we’ve given to help you pass your 70-486 exam. Remember aboutPrepAway website, it is your sure way to success!