Is Amazon the Next Expedia? Flight Bookings Available in India Including Prime Member Bonuses
Amazon is expanding its business model once again, launching a flight-booking service in India. It has partnered with Mumbai-based online travel and leisure activities platform Cleartrip to offer domestic routes on carriers such as Vistara UK, GoAir, SpiceJet and IndiGo.
Amazon is advertising a seamless booking process using Amazon Pay India along with transparent pricing and low cancellations fees. Amazon Pay users in India will find the flights icon on the Amazon Pay page and the Amazon mobile app. But the actual booking takes place on Cleartrip.
Under the new initiative, travelers get cash back for a flight purchase on Cleartrip with a higher rebate going to Amazon Prime members, T+L reports.
This is an interesting move from Amazon. This time around it chose to go with a partner, unlike its first foray into hotel booking which it did on its own. Amazon could expand these flight offerings in other emerging markets where big brand names don’t have the same grip on the industry. Who knows, maybe we even see the service come to the US in future.
Let us know what you think? Would you book your next flight on Amazon?
- The MtM recommended tool for tracking & organizing credit cards.
- Track your 5/24 Status so you always have it at a glance.
- Find best available offers based on your specific cards.
- Track bonus deadlines, annual fee dates, application dates & more.
- Check out our full Travel Freely overview for more info.