Google Drive has revolutionized group work, providing tools that multiple people can create and edit simultaneously.
However, many people still prefer to use the Microsoft suite of products when working alone. This can be problematic if you’re using Microsoft PowerPoint to create a presentation, but then want to share it with others to provide feedback or make changes.
Luckily, converting PowerPoint presentations to Google Slides – the PowerPoint equivalent – can be accomplished in a few ways, and the process is easy and simple.
Here’s how to do it.
1. Open Google Drive.
2. Select “New” in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
3. Select “Upload File.”
4. Select the desired PowerPoint presentation.
5. After uploading, right click and select “Open with,” then select “Google Slides.”
6. Select “File.”
7. Select “Save as Google Slides.”
How to convert a PowerPoint to Google Slides by importing slides
1. Go to Google Drive.
2. Select Slides.
3. Open a “Blank” presentation.
4. In a new Presentation, select “File,” then “Import Slides.”
5. Upload the PowerPoint file.
6. Select the newly-converted Slides.
If you want to go the other way, and convert Google Slides to PowerPoint, read our article, ” How to convert Google Slides to a PowerPoint presentation in 4 easy steps.”