A granite block commemorating then-candidate Donald Trump’s victory in the 2016 New Hampshire Republican presidential primary was vandalized early Friday, according to authorities.
Police said the block – which was part of a display showcasing every winner of the state’s presidential primary along the sidewalk outside the State Library in Concord – was damaged between 4:30 and 6:30 a.m.
The block was smashed and scattered on the grass and street, police said.
An investigation has been opened, and police are currently searching for suspects.
‘They Need to Speak Up’: Scalise Says Democrats Must Condemn Violent Rhetoric From the Left RNC Chair: ‘President Trump Is an Antidote to Republican Complacency’
WMUR reported that two other markers, one for George H.W. Bush and one for Richard Nixon, had been stolen in the past, but this is the first time one has been destroyed.
This comes just weeks after a man used a pickax to destroy Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
On Monday, the West Hollywood City Council passed a resolution to remove Trump’s star from Walk of Fame, citing his “abuse of women, minorities, immigrants, the disabled.”
The resolution is largely symbolic, as it is simply a request that the Los Angeles City Council and Hollywood Chamber of Commerce remove the marker, which has never been done before.
‘Let’s Do It Like Eisenhower’: Chicago Pastor Calls on Trump to Send Troops, If Needed, to Violent City ‘We Have Run Out of Patience’: Gowdy Warns of Possible Subpoenas in Trump Dossier Investigation Mark Levin: Mueller a ‘Greater Threat’ to United States Than Putin