You scoured your message history, but the one message you were looking for just wasn't there. You deleted it for one reason or another. You want it back now.
From a strict Facebook Messenger perspective, a deleted Facebook message is gone for good. There are things you can do to get those messages back.
Recovering deleted Facebook messages is one of the methods you can use, as well as back up your messages so you don't lose them in the future.
There are a few methods that can help you retrieve those messages.
You can easily recover messages if you archive them instead of deletion.
1. You can open the Messenger on desktop, web, or mobile device.
2. From the chats section of the app, type the name of the person you were talking to.
3. Click or tap their name to open the conversation and see everything.
If you don't want to see certain chats in your inbox on Messenger, but you're not sure if you should remove them, you can archive them.
It only happens on your end when you remove a message. The person you are talking to will still be able to see it, so they can help you fill in the gap if they did not.
If you have all email notifications enabled, this will work. If it is enabled, you should be able to find the conversation or message within your email account.
If you have Messenger installed on your device, it could have deleted messages in its cache. If you don't have an installed one, you can find plenty of them on the App Store.
1. You can open the file manager app on your phone.
2. Go to the Internal Storage.
3. Here you can find messages from your past, and with any luck, your deleted ones will be among them.
You can't recover deleted Facebook messages using any file app if you use an Apple device. You can use a recovery program.
If you don't want to lose your messages, backing up your Facebook information is a good idea.
1. Go to your Facebook settings if you use the desktop app or browser version.
2. Click on the Your Facebook Information tab to download your information.
3. Under the Select file options heading, make sure you select a date range.
4. If you want to only get your messages, click Deselect All under the Select information.
5. Click Request a download if you scroll all the way down. Once the file is ready for viewing, Facebook will email you the file.