1. Christina D. paired the tulle skirt of her gown with a casual chambray shirt for her wedding anniversary photo shoot.
Photo courtesy Kriea Arie/Larissa Nicole
2. Artemis turned a flowy boho-chic gown into a versatile daytime dress simply by making it knee-length.
3. Christina T. hired a seamstress to cut her dress and separate the lining from the lace. Once that was done, she dyed the lace and lining individually and the seamstress sewed them back together.
Photo courtesy Konrad Brattke
4. Starla splatter-painted her dress for a trash-the-dress shoot and then cut out the front for a modern silhouette.
5. Sherry dyed her dress using an at-home kit.
6. Jo the Dress Doctor refreshed a mother’s vintage wedding gown for her daughter’s wedding.
7. Ellen turned her mermaid frock into a fabulous cocktail dress with some help from her friend Erin.
Photo courtesy Akiko Photo/Erin Weisbart
8. Jillian refashioned a vintage gown into a flirty fuchsia number with some scissors and a dye job.
9. Erin cropped her gown and hand-painted flowers to make a totally new cocktail dress.
10. Karyn replaced the ivory sash on her gown with a hot pink bow and beadwork.
11. Tash enlisted the help of her mother to rework the gorgeous blue silk from her gown into a new dress, belt, and clutch.
Follow Carina on Twitter and Instagram.